Pre- School (Ducklings)
Welcome to the Ducklings class page
The Pre - School Team are:
Pre - School leader:
Pre - School Assistants:
Mrs Ellis , Miss Williams & Mrs Ray
Miss L Frulli
Pre - School leader
Mrs Natalie Ellis
Pre - School Assistant
Mrs Michelle Ray
Miss Amy Williams
Pre- School Assistant
Currently on Maternity leave
Pre- School team
Dream, learn, fly
- Pre-School Graduation- Wednesday 19th July 2017 10.30am
- £2 summer donation towards baking/gardening is due please.
- We observe the children's learning using Tapestry, you can view what your child has been doing and contribute to their online learning journey. If you have any queries please see Miss Frulli.
- A family photograph for our all about me board. Please can these be brought in as soon as possible to allow us to create our display. Thank you to those who have bought photographs in.
- Sharing time is on a Tuesday and Thursday morning 8.45am- 9.15am. Parents and younger siblings are all welcome to come in and explore our setting with your children.
In Pre- School we follow the EYFS Framework which explains how and what your child will be learning to support their healthy development. Your child will be learning skills, acquiring new knowledge and demonstrating their understanding through 7 areas of learning and development.
There are 3 Prime areas:
Communication and language (C&L)
Physical development (PD)
Personal, social and emotional development (PSED)
These prime areas are those most essential for your child’s healthy development and future learning.
As children grow, the prime areas will help them to develop skills in 4 specific areas. These are:
Literacy (LR) and (LW)
Understanding the world (UW)
Expressive arts and design (EAD)
These 7 areas are used to plan your child’s learning and activities.
In Pre- School we teach and support your child by ensuring that the activities we plan are suited to your child’s unique needs and interests.
Children in the EYFS learn by playing and exploring, being active, and through creative and critical thinking which takes place both indoors and outside.