APPEALS TIMETABLE 2022
Primary School Age places – Year R, Year 3 and Middle school – September 2022
Offer letters posted to parents/carers on
National Offer Day by Local Authority 19 April 2022
Deadline for acceptance of offer
By parent/carer 3 May 2022
Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal 18 May 2022
Appeal Hearing Dates Between 20 June and 30 July 2022
- In line with the Covid-19 legislation, all appeals lodged before 30 September 2022 are being heard based on written information only.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date.
- Appeals are heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not heard during school holidays.
- Where there are multiple appeals for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be made available to parents and Panel members at least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing.
- The Panel will set a deadline for any additional evidence to be received.
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 7 calendar days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary email in the interim.
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable, based on written information only.
The link below will direct the parent/carer to the BCP Council School Admission Appeals website for them to lodge their appeal via the Parent Portal.