Year 1 Assembly
Please join us for our Year 1 Assembly on Wednesday 25th May at 2.30pm in the school hall. Please enter via the school office. We look forward to seeing you there!
Welcome to Year 1
This is our joint area where you will find the latest news, letters, curriculum overviews, key dates and other key information.
Year 1 Team
Mrs Luford & Miss Warr
Mrs Roberts, Mrs Charlston, Mrs Lane,
Mrs Mcabe, Miss Leslie and Mrs Fry
Year 1 Curriculum Overview 2021-2022
Autumn 1 - The Gruffalo
Autumn 2- To Infinity and Beyond!
Year 1 School Trip
We had a great trip to the Priest House Museum, where we learnt all about old victorian toys. We took part in lots of exciting activities.
- Handling old toys from over 100 years ago
- Making dolls from old fashioned pegs
- Playing with victorian toys such as using the diablo and spinning tops
- Listening to a story and then hunting around the garden for the characters
We had a such a great time! Here are some photos:
Autumn 2 -The Polar Express
Spring 1- African Adventure
Spring 1 Spellings
Spring 2 -The Enchanted Land
Spring 2 Spellings
Summer 1 - Green Fingers
This half term we have been learning all about Bees and growing things! We have been helping to make our garden look pretty by planting some of our own flowers. Our class story has been been Supertato this half term. We designed our own outfits for our superhero vegetables and have adapted the story of Supertato to create our own versions. We have also written a report all about Bees!
Summer 1 Spellings
- Year 1 Spelling Book 1A SET 3 words Summer 1.pdf
- Year 1 Spelling Book 1B SET 2 words Summer 1.pdf
- Year 1 Spelling Book 1C SET 1 words Summer 1.pdf
- Year 1 Spelling Book 1D SET 1 letters Summer 1.pdf
Summer 2 Land Ahoy