School Council Lead
The School Council is overseen by Mr Smith.
At Christ the King we recognise the importance of listening to the ‘children’s voice’. The School Council plays an important role in terms of the children’s contribution to the life of the school, their experience of a democratic process and the contribution it plays to their Personal, Social and Citizenship Education.
Who are our School Council members for 2018-19?
On Tuesday 14th November, the School Council organsied a Children In Need Bake Off cake sale in order to raise money. We organised, judged and sold the cakes after school in the school hall. We gave each of our three winners a £10 Smyths toy voucher and have managed to raise over £600 for Children In Need! Congratulations to our winners in the picture above: Evie, Jackson and Tia.
Meeting dates for the autumn term:
- 4th October
- 18th October
- 1st November
- 15th November
- 29th November
- 13th December
All meetings will take place in Mr Smith's classroom (12:30pm-1pm).
What did we discuss in our last meeting?
School Council Meeting: 4.10.18
Members present: Amelia, Torie, Hugo, Faith, Ludo, Miriam, Victoria, Lucas, Isobel, Alfie
- Children in Need fundraising – all members would like to do a cake sale like last year (Bake off).
- Discussed other fundraising ideas such as a book costume day, old toy sales and mini school fun fair!
- Actions to happen from the meeting:
- Arrange an assembly for the school council and Mr Smith to show the children of our school what Children in Need is and how we can help countless lives by raising money.
- Mr Smith to give badges to all children and present in assembly.
- Speak to Mrs Tickel about our fundraising ideas.
What is our next project?
This Christmas, the School Council would like to support the Women's Refuge Charity. We organised for two local representatives from the charity to come in and explain in assembly what the purpose of the charity is. Letters should have gone home to every class explaining what we would like you to bring in, but if you have lost yours, you can see in the table below what we would like each year group to donate.