Christ the King Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and requires all staff, parents, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. This section of our website aims to give you a guide to safeguarding policies and procedures in our school.
If you have any concerns, no matter how small they may seem, about the safety or welfare of any child, please contact the school's Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is:
Mrs Melanie Lord - Headteacher
We also have 3 Deputy Safeguarding Lead personnel who can support or help in the absence of Mrs Lord:
Mrs Marie Hodge - Pastoral Support Worker
Ms Rachelle Kent - Deputy Headteacher
Miss Kerry Curwen - Senior Administrative Officer
Our Governor for Safeguarding is: Mrs Kaleem Ahmed
We fully recognise our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the health and well-being of all the children in our care. We therefore strive to:
• Ensure we practice safer recruitment in compliance with the Local Safeguarding Children’s Board (LCSB) Standards for Safer Recruitment
• Raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe
• Implement the BCP procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse
• Establish a safe environment in which children can learn and develop
• Ensure that all staff receive appropriate safeguarding training in compliance with the LCSB recommendations, which includes e-safety and the government’s PREVENT strategy
• Ensure that school practices and procedures are in line with ‘Keep Children Safe in Education’ (KCSiE, 2022).
Our school has the following Polices to safeguard the children in our school:
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
Useful leaflets to local advice and guidance can be found on this webpage.
- Plymouth CAST Positive Pupil Welfare Policy v3 April 2022.pdf
- Plymouth CAST Safeguarding Policy July 2022 CTK.pdf
- Keeping_children_safe_in_education_2022 (1).pdf